Tuesday 7 April 2015

Shopping trip to Sham Shui Po...


After a barrage of Public Holidays (including today) and some selfish sewing (yet to blog about), I needed to add to my stash. I decided to risk a visit, even though SSP is well known for being closed when you want it most! 

Above is my fabric haul. I'm pretty please with the variety I managed to gather in less than an hour. The floral on the left is soft and flowing fabric. (Maybe great for a Lilou or even a Sureau) I'm yet to test it, but it could be viscose or it could be a cotton/silk mix. The middle fabric, with the uber cool lasso/know design is a cotton sateen (maybe a skirt is a good garment for this) The checked fabric on the right is a straight cotton and will make a nice alternative fabric for the summer. It's certainly a lighter plaid than ones commonly seen in Winter. I'm considering whether a summer top or dress would be best. 

With all fabrics coming in under $20 per yard, It was all a total bargain!

Below is my button selection. I always visit the same shop on Yu Chau Street (sorry, I never notice the name!). I plumped for some more wooden buttons; my stash was diminished by my recent Alder's. Also, some super shiny (in a good way), plastic buttons in red and blue. 


I'm now ready for my next making journeys. Hopefully i'll get some time in the new school term. I certainly have garments in mind that I would like to add to my wardrobe - watch this space...

What fabrics have you gathered recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment